andrew : everyone else is doing it

i recieved a mysterious email the other day
dear andrew of liartown

will you ever stat your own blog? i found your one post witty and insightful

p.s. be careful of universe destroying paradoxes

from andrew of liartown


well aol your letter presents me with three problems.
the first involves me talking to my myself, i keep telling myself i should stop doing it, but i dont remember writing this email so maybe i shouldn't be blaming myself.

the second problem is that this letter could be from a future version of me. the post script hints at this and i am left wondering if starting my own blog is the only way to save the world.

this brings us to problem number three. i will admit that i do like a good rant, i like to read them, i like to give them. people often tell me i should start a blog. the question is: would i have enough material to do it on a regular basis? factor in my chronic disinterest in the affairs of humanity, my sub-par spelling and my fingers that always type 'teh' whenever i try to type 'the' and you have a pretty good case against it.

however it would give me a sense of achievement to beat two of my friends, studds and fay, to the creation of a blog. it would also give me a forum to speak my mind without having to write, or have my imaginary future self write, imaginary emails.

Well i guess the final answer to your question crazy/future aol is this: i'll think about it

ps in a true act of self sabotage (and to see how many people read my post) i want all you readers out there to put your suggestion for my blog name in the comments section, lets see if we can break the strangely apt record of three comments set when jack talked about threesomes. if i dont get any comments i may just call it whybothernooneisgoingtoreaditanywayithinkillgocryinmyattic.blogspot.com

andrew of liartown

Comments:

Blogger Squee Pants 7:45 pm, May 02, 2006  
Suggestions #1: bobsbottle
Blogger Mike 11:17 pm, May 02, 2006  
Hey dood, might wanna update your links list - Kikkomania is dead, its dead and its never coming back. Just like N'sync
Blogger andrew 3:54 pm, May 03, 2006  
when my uni friends heard i might be stating a blog they inundated me with possible names

here is an abbreviated list:
i'll get you next time gadget
i bent my wookie
5% military discount
2nd biggest monkey head i've ever seen
will smells
nuke the whales
el marrow
el pollo diablo
we should all eat oranges if we wish to avoid scurvy
the streets will run red
the barbary coast:for all your pirate hair care needs

these are the best ones so you can imagine how poor the other suggestions were

thanks to eveyone for the suggestions, keep em coming.

on a side note i came up with names for blogs run by studds and fay to give them a fighting chance in beating me.
i was thinking "fay enchantress" for fay and somethign along the lines of "presstudds" for studds. I was toying with the idea of "studdsmuffin" for a while but that brings up all sorts of uncomfortable issues
Blogger Jack 4:02 pm, May 03, 2006  
Just you guys wait. I have been working on something that's going to make blogs all across the internet entirely redundant.

Enjoy your blogs while you can now but soon you will feel like the people who still own 8-track players.
Blogger Squee Pants 9:52 pm, May 03, 2006  
Suggestion #2: ElMariachi
XD
(But i still like bobsbottle better)

"the chicken devil"? O_o

And did you know that oranges don't actually contain a whole lot of vitamin C? That's why it's better to drink RIBENA!!!! XD
Anonymous Anonymous 5:36 pm, May 04, 2006  
yeah so. i have already amply demonstrated my ability to come up with shit names. nonetheless: Bob's Disturbing Parlour.
Anonymous Anonymous 9:31 am, May 08, 2006  
hehe, I'm going to name my blog "Fay smells like squid".

I'm a step ahead of you man ^_^
Blogger Jack 10:22 am, May 08, 2006  
She's right. Fay does smell like squid.

(It's an Asian thing)
Blogger Squee Pants 1:57 pm, May 08, 2006  
Hahaha!!
The next pet squid I get, I'm calling it Fay! XD
Blogger Jack 4:05 pm, May 08, 2006  
I want a pet Fay :D

I'd get her a little wheel to run around in and maybe a bell with a ribbon attached.
Anonymous Anonymous 4:45 pm, May 08, 2006  
well....squids don't run in wheels ><

okay, thats a lame comeback, but it's the best I've got at the moment.

argh! *gets attacked by more use case changes*

make it stoo~oooo~~pppppp~~~
Blogger Squee Pants 1:45 pm, May 09, 2006  
No no, Fay, he said "pet Fay", not "pet squid".
Looks like you'll be getting a running wheel for your birthday!!! :D
Anonymous Anonymous 10:26 am, May 10, 2006  
*scared*

Post a Comment

(←) Home