Jack : Biased Liberal Media

I can't help but think that I'm being a bit blinded with all the liberal media that I absorb. From things to The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to all the blogs I read that all originate from blue states.

I mean, sure, I believe that George W. Bush is a bad president. There's a lot of evidence to support that. There's a lot of stuff pointing to how this administration have screwed things up. I care enough about civil rights to know that some of the changes they have brought in are just plain bad.

But somewhere along the way, the cry of "Dubya sucks" was perverted into "Yay Democrats".

In Studio 60, a flustered Matthew Perry is questioned about why he doesn't make fun of the Democrats, he says something along the lines of, "I would, if only the Democrats would do something."

So maybe the Dems are exempt from political satire only because of their sheer inactivity. I don't have any doubt in my mind that comedians would quickly capitalise on any mistake made in the public eye regardless of political affiliation.

But it's easy to forget any misdemeanors committed by the Democrats when there's such a media circus around Bush.